- Iceland Drilling Company Ltd (IDC) is a leading high technical company in the field of high temperature deep geothermal drilling and has many decades of experience in both high and low temperature drilling. The company operates internationally, and possesses a fleet of new hydraulic rigs and modern drilling equipment that can be transferred swiftly from one part of the world to another.The company has well-grounded expertise in international deep drilling projects, with a record of several hundred high temperature geothermal wells.
- Drilled over 220 deep wells in the last 10 years.
- Drilled over 360 deep wells since 1970.
- Drilled over 16 wells and repaired many in New Zealand.
- Additional work-over jobs in New Zealand.
- Currently operating in Iceland, St. Vincent, and Djibouti
- Recent projects in New Zealand, Dominica, Montserrat, and Nicaragua
- Licensed drilling operator in Indonesia under the name PT Iceland Drilling Indonesia.
- Azores, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Hungary, UK, Philippines and Ireland.
- IDC’s rigs are new and modern.
- IDC’s rigs are automatic for safe and efficient operations.
- IDC’s rigs are maintained to highest standards.
70 years of drilling experience
- Iceland Drilling was established in 1945.
Certification in QHSE
- Quality Management System – ISO 9001:2015
- Environmental Management System – ISO 14001:2015
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System – OHSAS 18001:2007.
Associations – Membership
- IADC, International Association of Drilling Contractors.
- IGA, International Geothermal Association.